Benefits of installing a sewage treatment system
Published: January 09, 2019 Last Updated: October 12, 2020
Choosing the right wastewater treatment system for your property can be difficult with most systems essentially doing the same thing with slight variations in the processes. How do you wade through the tech-speak to find a quality system that suits your property and your needs?
Where to start?
Hitting the internet and doing some research is a good place to start, especially if this is your first foray into onsite wastewater treatment systems.
The basic requirement is a system that takes the grey water (water from sinks, bath, shower and washing machine) and black water (from toilets) and filters and disinfects it so the clean water can be used for things such as keeping your garden green.
Maximising your water use
Most parts of Australia have been affected by drought in the last 10 to 15 years. During these times of low to no rainfall, utilising every drop of water as effectively as possible becomes essential. Installing a water treatment system which allows you to make use of the water used in your home twice means youâ€™re helping the environment, your water costs, and your garden.
Septic system vs water treatment
Septic systems only separate the solids from the liquids, releasing liquid unsuitable for use on your lawn or plants, however, anaerobic and aerobic wastewater treatment systems such as Biocycle and others treat the water to make it safe for the garden as well as sub-surface absorption methods if preferred.
Why install wastewater treatment system?
Installing a wastewater treatment system to manage the sewage and grey water from your home has many advantages above providing ample water to keep the lawn growing all year round.
- Environmentally friendly natural bacteria is used to breakdown waste.
- This natural process means fewer running costs.
- Most manufacturers offer a tank and electrical component warranty, covering items such as the pump and blower for added assurance.
- Cost effective to install, operate, and maintain.
- Design emphasis on simplicity ensures components and systems are easy to manage and maintain.
- Systems are made to comply with local, state and national standards.
- Many manufacturers are local, Australian owned companies creating a products designed specifically for Australian conditions.
Get professional advice
After doing your research the next step is to speak to an industry professional about your property and the specific requirements of your building and it's wastewater. Specialist plumbers, like our team at Express Wastewater Solutions, can provide you with expert advice and recommendations to ensure the system you choose meets the needs of your household, now and into the future.
- Anammox Superbug to Treat Wastewater in Australia
- Nurdles from Warrnambool Sewage Treatment Plant Reaches the Ocean
- On-site wastewater system Standards update could lead to higher costs
- Samford Valley Wastewater Treatment System Project
- What are High Rate Algal Ponds?
Express Waste Water Solution Reviews
7 reviewsView Reviews