Septic Tank System
Septic tank installation, maintenance, and repairs
Express Wastewater Solutions provide top quality septic tank installation, as well as repairs and routine maintenance to ensure your septic system works efficiently and effectively and complies with your local council’s requirements. Septic tank systems are a great, practical waste water option for homes and businesses which don’t have access to council sewerage infrastructure.
talk to your wastewater specialists today
Benefits of septic tank systems
- If correctly installed and well-maintained septic tanks and the associated absorption trenches provide a long lasting wastewater solution.
- The water used in your home is filtered back into the local environment.
- No harsh chemicals are needed, natural bacteria in the tank helps to breakdown the sewage.
- Septic systems can be designed to suit either small or large properties.
- Cost effective - the minimal maintenance required to keep the water treatment system in top condition keeps running costs down
- Septic tanks only require pumping out every 3 to 5 years, depending on the wastewater demands of your property.
Septic tank system installation
Investing in expert advice prior to the installation of your septic system and soakage trenches ensure the system is designed and installed taking important factors into consideration such as:
- the soil type - this can determine how easily the effluent or liquid waste will absorb into the ground, which in turn dictates how long the soakage trenches need to be.
- rainfall - the amount of rain your area receives can affect absorption rates.
- the climate - hot days with lots of sunlight or a cool cloudy climate will affect evaporation rates.
- the size of your home - a home with 2 bedrooms and 2 residents will have lower levels of waste water than a busy home with a large family.
It is important to install your homes wastewater treatment systems away from buildings, boundaries, groundwater, water supplies such as dams or creeks, and in an area which won’t get driven over. Vehicles and heavy machinery can compact the soil over or around the septic tank or damage absorption trenches.
Thought also needs to be given to the plants and trees in the area around the sewage treatment system. Experts recommend only planting grass directly over and a few metres around trenches and tanks. Avoid running trenches near large trees or plants as the extensive root systems can cause septic trenches to clog and fail.
Routine septic tank maintenance
Carrying out routine maintenance will keep your septic system flowing freely, efficiently removing the black and grey wastewater from your home it will also help avoid bad odours developing.
During the regular maintenance check your septic specialist will review all aspects of the system, often catching problems before they develop into large issues. Our experienced team can carry out any septic system repairs needed.
Your local septic system specialists
Express Wastewater Solutions supply and install a range of septic tank systems suitable for large or small properties. We can also take care of all repairs and maintenance work to keep your system in top condition. Contact our team on 1300 722 517 or complete our septic tank system enquiry today.