Septic Sand System
Septic sand system installation, repair & maintenance
Treat your wastewater to a higher standard with the help of a septic sand system. The sand acts as an excellent filtering agent and it is used as a secondary treatment process.
Express Wastewater are experts when it comes to onsite wastewater treatment systems. Unlike other plumbers, we install and service countless septic and wastewater systems every week, so you can count on us for reliable and professional services. We understand not many people are aware of the intricate details about septic systems, that’s why we offer a 30-minute free consultation to help our customers make an informed decision. Book a septic sand system consultation with our wastewater experts today.
Book Septic Systems Expert Now
How do Septic Sand Systems work?
Septic sand systems have five components:
- Septic tank
- Pump Chamber
- Reserve area
- Drain field
- Sand filter
Read more: How do Septic Sand Systems Work?
The sand septic system works like a conventional septic system. Once the water is treated in the septic tank, the effluent is distributed evenly throughout the sand bed. The effluent seeps down into the gravel and sand. Here, the effluent is treated further by microbes and sand. Microbes in the soil absorb some of the nutrients present in the wastewater and the sand filters out the solids. The treated water is of better quality and it can be reused and recycled.
Benefits of Septic Sand Systems
- They work well in areas with less soil, in rocky areas, and in areas where conventional systems cannot.
- The system can be constructed above or below the ground.
- It can remove nitrogen effectively and treat the wastewater efficiently as the microbes present in the sand are rich in oxygen.
- The system is sustainable and eco-friendly as the treated wastewater is of better quality, which reduces contamination risk.
- These systems are low maintenance as the sand bed filters can last for 2-5 years.
- As the treated wastewater is of better quality, it can be used for irrigation.
Maintenance of Septic Sand Systems
Regular maintenance of the drain field and sand filters are important for the efficient functioning of the system. The sand bed filters should be checked annually by an experienced wastewater technician. Septic tank needs to be pumped out every 4 years or more often if needed.
Read More - How long do Septic Sand Systems Last?
It is also important to conserve water and use non-toxic chemicals to help the system perform better. For all your septic system needs, contact us today.
Why choose us for your Septic System Services?
- If for some reason we can't be there on time or notify you of the delay we will provide the first hour of labour for free.
- We are a truly local family owned and run business.
- We find the best cost-effective solutions for your wastewater treatment needs.
- We have chosen to concentrate on such a narrow field of drainage and wastewater that has helped us become experts in this field.
- We are a small team of dedicated professionals who are determined to change this perception of a trade’s person one positive experience at a time.
Trusted and Professional Septic Sand System Services
If you have some questions regarding septic sand systems or are thinking it may be the best system for your home, give Express Wastewater Solutions a call on 1300 770 594 or complete an online septic system booking form today. We are your local South East Queensland professionals when it comes to the best wastewater solutions.
SEPTIC SYSTEMS FAQ
For more in depth septic systems information visit our Septic systems Information page